SESSION 11: PROTECT HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK
Ans. Checklist for Workstations : The workstation should:
● provide sufficient space for the user to alter position comfortably
● provide adequate lighting
● have windows fitted with adjustable coverings to alter the sunlight level
● be spacious enough when a workstation is shared by more than one person
Ans. Evacuation is the process of emptying a place in case of an emergency, disaster. Every organization must have an evacuation policy.
Ans. A ‘buddy system’ for individuals with special needs or disabilities must be designated. This system ensures that differently-abled are assisted and guided out of the premises or the impacted area properly. If you are a buddy to someone, ensure that your buddy is safe at the assembly point with you.
- Floor plans with evacuation routes in work areas. Ensure that you understand these so you can use it in time of need.
- Assembly areas, where you are required to assemble after evacuation, must be properly taken care of.
Ans. Periodic evacuation drills should be conducted. These are very important as we need to save our life and we can be helpful in saving someone else’s life too by knowing which path we have to follow in case of emergency.
Ans. A healthy living has a lasting impact on an individual which ultimately yields a healthy environment at home as well as at work place. a happy and healthy worker will always perform best to his ability.
Healthy eating habits